History

History

In 1955 the Captain Gaetano Serra and his wife Albertina, owners of the Fattoria di Aliano, built Villa Albertina on the Poggio near Montalbino where it seems that in ancient times there was a small votive chapel. The building was designed and executed, in Liberty style, by the family architect Prof. Giovanni Solari of Genoa, a person of great talent and taste, as well as a famous painter and writer.

The Villa was inhabited by the Serra family, as a hunting lodge, during their visits to Aliano, from 1956 to 1985 when it was decided to move to the Castle of Aliano. Since then the villa has been rented for tourism purposes.